BY ANDRÉ F. GUEISBUHLER,
FIG SECRETARY GENERAL
FIG Executive Committee
July 6-7, 2014
• The FIG will support the Panathlon International’s Charter of Parental Duties in Sport ;
• The Committee approves the FIG President’s mandate to re-evaluate certain aspects of the Olympic qualification calendar for the 2017-2020 Olympic cycle ;
• Rhythmic gymnast Seung Hye Lee’s (KOR) request to represent AUS in international competition has been approved. Equally, the nationality change of MAG judge Nedal Alyousef from AUS to SYR has been approved;
• Mauritius’s application (MRI) as an affiliated FIG Federation will be put to vote during the FIG Assembly General in October;
• The principles of a new project for judges training have been approved;
• The Accreditation Rules have been updated;
• The Executive Committee acknowledges the receipt of two applications to host the FIG Congress in 2016. Japan has put forth Tokyo as its candidate city, while the USA has proposed Orlando. Both applications have been received within the deadline and in due form;
• The Executive Committee members have written proposals amending the Statutes, which will be discussed and voted on during the FIG Congress in Tashkent (UZB), October 29 – 30, 2014.
More than 20,000 gymnasts have already registered for the 15th World Gymnaestrada in Helsinki (FIN), to be held in July 2015.
TO RECIEVE EVERY ISSUE OF
WORLD OF GYMNASTICS
World of Gymnastics is an official publication of the International Gymnastics Federation – FIG. Three issues per year.
Publisher: FIG. © 2014.
Publication Director: André F. Gueisbuhler.
FIG Editing: Philippe Silacci; Meike Behrensen; Blythe Lawrence; William Dalè.
Production: SportBusiness Communications
Art Direction and Design: Andy Medley
Nr 74 will be released in February 2015
Editorial Deadline: 1st December 2014
The reproduction of any articles, information, pictures must be approved in writing prior to publication.
Photography: FIG Official Photographer, Volker Minkus, fig-photos.com.
Translation: Touchline – Allison Zurfluh, Corinne Gaudefroy.
CLICK ON THE COVERS TO CONNECT TO PREVIOUS ISSUES
FIG World of Gymnastics, Avenue de la Gare 12, 1003 Lausanne, Switzerland
Tel. +41 21 321 55 10, Fax: +41 21 321 55 19